I recently discovered a brand of makeup and skincare line, Hynt Beauty. The product line was originally launched by professional makeup artist and model, Christopher Drummond and then rebranded recently as Hynt Beauty. First and foremost, I was intrigued about the company’s disclaimer to be organic, vegan, “no-nasties” beauty brand. I am extremely picky when it comes to cosmetics and I’m constantly searching for organic and natural makeup products. It didn’t take long for me to try a few of their samples so I tried their Duet Perfecting Concealer ($24) and the Encore Fine Pressed Powder Foundation ($45) http://www.hyntbeauty.com/?Click=14110 . To my surprise, I found near-perfection with these products. No other cosmetic line has impressed me as much, not only since it represents “organic” makeup, but how it covers my skin’s imperfections while making me look au’natural.
One thing noticeable about this line is it does not overload you with too many products. The simple idea of “less is more” is relevant even with their product ingredients. In the last months, I’ve tried several “organic” beauty products which claim to be organic but Hynt Beauty by far exceeded my expectations. Here is a quick review of both of these award-winning “green” brands
Duet Perfecting Concealer
This Duet Perfecting Concealer without a doubt is Hynt Beauty’s most well-known product and a “must have” in my makeup bag! To be honest, it’s by far one of the best concealers I’ve used. It doesn’t fade and holds up well. When I hit my 40’s, I started to develop rosacea and occasional acne. This concealer helps in controlling my redness, hyper-pigmentation and the stubborn acne I occasionally get with my hormonal changes. It covers everything and it looks natural. I apply it after my primer or before my tinted moisturizer. I also blend it with an oil-free moisturizer – I use Neal’s Yard Remedies Organic Oil Free Serum or Neal’s Yard Remedies Wild Rose Beauty Elixir – to create a liquid foundation. If you’ve been searching for a natural concealer (without the “nasties) this product actually does work!
Duet Perfecting Concealer skin healing ingredients:
• AVOCADO OIL: Balances, calms and softens sensitive, irritated or dry skin. Nature’s power fruit packed with provitamin A and vitamins D and E that nurtures skin back to health.
• ALOE VERA LEAF: A powerful anti-inflammatory herb that calms, heals and encourages the production of keratin to rejuvenate tired skin. Also helps boost your daily sunscreen by blocking up to 30% of ultraviolet rays.
• CUPUACU SEED BUTTER: A superfruit common in the Amazon basin, the white pulp of this rainforest tree has deeply hydrating properties that absorb easily into the skin.
Encore Fine Pressed Powder Foundation
When it comes down to mineral foundation, I have high expectations. It must be natural, vegan, non-allergenic and provide the correct coverage to match my skin tone. This powder foundation delivers! It did not cause any breakouts or any bad skin reactions for me. It’s great for sensitive skin, especially for my skin. Most of the ingredients are natural and gluten free and includes Kaolin (a white clay) is great for oil control. Jojoba oil and vitamin E are also present in the foundation. The shade I use is “Sand” which is perfect for my skin tone – which is medium with light olive undertones.
The black compact is sleek and comes tucked inside of small velvety black bag. It is a great item to add to your purse or makeup bag when applying touch-ups during the day.
Check out their list of color matches for the Encore Fine Pressed Powder Foundation:
• PP00 Ivory: Very fair porcelain skin with a pink undertone.
• PP01 Nude Sand: Fair to Light skin with neutral beige or yellow undertones.
• PP1.5 Sand: Medium skin with neutral beige or light olive undertones.
• PP02 Medium Beige: Medium skin with neutral beige or medium olive undertones.
• PP03 Bronzed Beige: Deep Medium skin with yellow undertones. Light African American skintones.
• PP04 Honey Chestnut: Medium Tan shade with yellow and red tonalities. Blended exclusively for Darker Latin, African American, Indian and South East Asian skin.
• PP05 Rich Chestnut: For very deep skin tones, blended with red and yellow undertones to leave a complexion warming, flawless finish on skin with blue undertones without the “ashy” finish. Specially formulated to enhance skin tones that are deep and difficult to match.
As a beauty and makeup gal my preference is to use cosmetics that contain healthy ingredients, free of mineral oil, vegan, organic and cruelty-free. With the right products for my skin I definitely see Hynt Beauty as my go-to brand for healthier, organic and vegan makeup!
To learn more about Hynt Beauty here is their disclaimer on its product:
“Hynt Beauty products are formulated with organic ingredients wherever possible, and are all vegan except for the mascara, which uses beeswax so as not to compromise the stunning finish and efficacy that we promise across all of our products. Formulated with organic ingredients that are rich in antioxidants, extracts and oils that hydrate, soothe and rejuvenate the skin, what we choose to put into our skin-perfecting formulas is just as important to us as what we choose not to include.
Hynt is non-comedogenic and free of toxins, gluten, parabens, silicone and talc as well as animal cruelty-free (PETA approved). There are no GMOs, FD&C dyes (except for in the ARIA Lipstick in Red Fervor), carmines, phthalates, irritating bismuth oxychloride, or nanoparticles used in any of the formulations. We do not use artificial preservatives, and instead tap into the potent natural antimicrobial and antibacterial powers of herbs, plants and flowers. Hynt Beauty is very well known in the green beauty community because most of their makeup products are gluten free, organic and cruelty free. Currently, everything except for their mascara is vegan”
If you are interested in trying some of Hynt Beauty skincare and makeup contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a 10 minute beauty consultation and 10% off your first purchase
If you are interesting in shopping visit Hynt Beauty online store http://www.hyntbeauty.com/?Click=14110